Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Shop Around the Corner

"I think people who like to smoke candy and listen to cigarettes will love it."
--James Stewart
(1940) B/W MGM Romantic Comedy
Starring James Stewart and Margaret Sullavan
Produced and directed by Ernst Lubitsch
Screenplay by Samson Raphaelson
Based on the 1937 Hungarian play, Perfumarie
Running Time: 99 minutes--Rated G

This movie is predictable. Or maybe I'm just that good. Regardless, I was holding my breath, waiting for what I knew was going to happen...to friggin' hurry the hell up and happen. Okay, fine. I was also holding my breath because old black and white movies tend to make up for their lack of flesh and explosions with snappy dialogue, emotional suspense and excellent characterization.

...My classic reviews have been relocated. Click the link below to finish reading.
http://www.examiner.com/classic-movies-in-austin/the-shop-around-the-corner-review

No comments:

Post a Comment